Sunday, March 2, 2008

So long, Thin Mints


Folks, I have a new favorite Girl Scout Cookie. My long-standing passion for Thin Mints has been eclipsed at last by the citrusy goodness of Lemon Chalet Cremes, which the extremely well-spoken Girl Scout at University Village told me are a new addition to the Girl Scout arsenal of Things That Make You Fat Even Though the Aim of Girl Scouts is Ostensibly to Create a Healthier, Better Society. I heard a while back about an article in which a number of prominent chefs revealed what their Last Meals would be -- if they were somehow sentenced to capital punishment and found themselves at the edge of state-sanctioned oblivion. And for me, friends, spicy noodles and curry from Jamjuree and a good dozen Lemon Chalet Cremes (remember, I'm about to be executed) would be hard to beat.

No comments: