Saturday, January 12, 2008

"I drink your milkshake! I drink it up!"



Let it be known that within just a few days of seeing There Will Be Blood, I suggested to all who would listen that the Notorious Line be mashed up with Kelis' "Milkshake." I wish I could offer a prize of some kind to the first person who does it. If you find out that somebody has, please let me know.

In other news, I'm seeing The Host tomorrow with Reed, both because many critics named it one of their top 10 films of 2007 and because I have four tickets reserved for Friday's 9:30 p.m. Cinerama showing of Cloverfield, which I'll be blogging about this week for my employer. (Here's the segue: They're both monster movies, and early -- and ridiculous -- speculation around Cloverfield suggested that it might be a remake of The Host.) If you're interested in getting the (spoiler-free) 411, visit Cloverfield Clues.

Now that spoilers are all over the Internet -- apparently you can even get the scoop on the monster's birth -- I'll be avoiding Cloverfield Google searches, for the most part, until after Friday. As I recently told someone, I haven't bought tickets to a movie this far ahead of time since The Blair Witch Project, which I admit was overhyped, but c'mon. The fun of getting caught up in movie hype, at least for me, is as much about the hype as about the movie. It's the pop-culture phenomenon that excites me as much as what the movie is about (though I do have a weakness for disaster movies). No doubt Cloverfield will be terrifying on the huge Cinerama screen, but whatever kind of movie it turns out to be, it'll be a trip seeing it in a gigantic theater packed with crazy fans like me.

No comments: