Sunday, May 18, 2008

I played guitar and people watched


They even clapped! Today at Piecora's, Charlotte Thistle's guitar students, including yours truly, performed in front of an audience. The students ranged from wee to middle-aged; the audience consisted almost entirely of parents. The pizza and salad were excellent. Here's the gallery Reed put together. I played an instrumental version of "Falling Slowly," the Oscar-winning song from Once; Reed played "Hast Thou Considered the Tetrapod" by Mountain Goats, and its tale of an abusive father (that is what it's about, right?) provided an effective thematic counterpoint to "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star," which followed.

In other news, I finally had the Berry Bar at Portage Bay Cafe this morning at brunch, and it was... a bit anticlimactic, but still good. My French toast ended up being dinner, too. My friend Jill and I spent part of brunch talking about the navel-gazing that blogging can lead to, and the ultimate descent into the mundane and frivolous -- here's what I ate for breakfast -- came up. So now, dear reader, you know what I had: French toast. Man. It's 9:25 p.m., but I'll still kind of hungry. Maybe I'll heat up a veggie dog.

No comments: