Thursday, September 25, 2008

Nights like this are why I joined the Ravenna Kibbutz

Doesn't get much more idyllic than that.

In other news, the man who so selflessly served his country so many years ago has found another way to do so, while conveniently making his opponent seem -- to the uninformed, at least -- like he's fiddling while Rome burns. Well played, Johnny Mac.

And while we're on politics: Yesterday at six o'clock I listened to Dubya talk for 15 minutes about the financial crisis. And as an NPR commentator noted after the speech, for the first time in about eight years, the man seemed to know what he was talking about. "The first MBA president," the NPR guy said. Against all odds, I think I may actually have learned something from George W. Bush. I never thought I'd see the day.

No comments: