Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Happy birthday, Red Blue Green!


Friday marked this blog's first anniversary/birthday/year of existence, which I somehow neglected to make mention of or celebrate in any way. I've come a long way from my first post (and an even longer way from my MySpace blog, which I began in December of 2005), and I'd like to start an anniversary tradition: the embedding of a video wherein Thom Yorke performs the beautiful song that gave Red Blue Green its name. Enjoy!



Of course, I could also take a modified version of the survey I used to kick off the MySpace blog nearly three years ago:

TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF - The Survey
Name:Neal Elliott Schindler
Birthday:February 9, 1979
Birthplace:Detroit, Michigan
Current Location:Seattle, Washington
Eye Color:Brown
Hair Color:Brown
Height:5'9"
Right Handed or Left Handed:Right
Your Heritage:German/Jewish
The Shoes You Wore Today:Black Eccos, as always
Your Weakness:Pasta/noodles
Your Fears:Ending up alone; not working up to my potential
Your Perfect Pizza:Every vegetable imaginable needs to be on there
Goal You Would Like To Achieve This Year:Getting on more solid footing career-wise, creatively, and emotionally
Your Most Overused Phrase On an instant messenger:BTW
Thoughts First Waking Up:(yawn)
Your Best Physical Feature:Eyes, I'm told
Your Bedtime:11 p.m., ideally
Your Most Missed Memory:Spain
Pepsi or Coke:Coke! But only in a glass bottle, with real sugar
MacDonalds or Burger King:Yuck
Single or Group Dates:What does "group date" mean these days, anyway?
Lipton Ice Tea or Nestea:Jeez
Chocolate or Vanilla:Vanilla
Cappuccino or Coffee:Decaf soy mocha
Do you Smoke:No
Do you Swear:Yes, too much
Do you Sing:Not as often as I'd like to
Do you Shower Daily:Yes!
Have you Been in Love:Oh yes
Do you want to go to College:Been there, done that; would like to go to grad school, though
Do you want to get Married:Absolutely
Do you belive in yourself:Not as much as I'd like to
Do you get Motion Sickness:Occasionally, when I read on the bus
Do you think you are Attractive:Not as much as I'd like to; sometimes I do
Are you a Health Freak:Heavens no
Do you get along with your Parents:The remaining one, yes
Do you like Thunderstorms:God, I miss them
Do you play an Instrument:Guitar! Not too well, though
In the past month have you Drank Alcohol:No
In the past month have you Smoked:No
In the past month have you been on Drugs:No
In the past month have you gone on a Date:No
In the past month have you gone to a Mall:No!!!
In the past month have you eaten a box of Oreos:Not a whole box...
In the past month have you eaten Sushi:No
In the past month have you been on Stage:Goodness no
In the past month have you been Dumped:No
In the past month have you gone Skinny Dipping:C'mon
In the past month have you Stolen Anything:No!
Ever been Drunk:Of course!
Ever been Beaten up:Yep
Ever Shoplifted:Not that I can recall
How do you want to Die:Peacefully, painlessly; what a strange question
What do you want to be when you Grow Up:A writer; a filmmaker; someone who continually creates
What country would you most like to Visit:India or another Asian country
Number of CDs I own:I have nearly 10,000 iTunes
Number of Piercings:None
Number of Tattoos:None
Number of things in my Past I Regret:(sigh)

No comments: