Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Comment of the week

From my college friend Melon, about a recent post regarding health and fitness:
A) In some cases, the Obie reunion just came at a really good time - if it had been last year, I could have been your Fat Buddy (grad school sedentariness in a place where we needed a car for the 1st time, depressed job hunting, celebratory job-acquisition feasts, etc.), but it happened to be this year, when I've lost 40lbs.

B) You can do anything you actually, really want to, whether you hate change or not. It's got nothing to do with it. Change you start yourself isn't the same as change forced on you.

C) I totally wimped out of Couch to 5k - god, I hate running. But I like lifting weights! :)
As you might imagine, I particularly like point B.

1 comment:

Melon said...

yeah... I guess the point of C, which I didn't finish 'cause I was at work, was: good luck with the C25k, and I'm sure you'll do awesome - but if it doesn't work for you, there are other options than running. Yes.