Saturday, April 4, 2009

Hurt feelings

Still reeling from a close encounter with anti-Semitism, a first in my life. Maybe I'm making too big a deal of it, but I haven't experienced that level of malice since middle school. I have some idea about what inspired my harasser to go on his tirade, but I haven't an earthly clue what I could have done to merit this kind of viciousness. All he's achieved, besides seriously bruising my feelings, is making me feel prouder to be Jewish and inspired to try to be a better person than I currently am. I guess I'm not sure how to unload the kind of burden his comments placed on me, but I'm hoping that talking and writing and channeling my anger into productive activities will help.

On the plus side, Flight of the Conchords' "Hurt Feelings" seriously cheered me up.

No comments: