Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Obama to Queen: Have an iPod


The BBC reported today that President Obama gave the Queen of England an iPod as a gift. Listeners were then treated to a short medley of three of Obama's favorite songs (a list of them was made available to the media during election season): "What's Going On" by Marvin Gaye, "I'm on Fire" by Bruce Springsteen, and "Ready or Not" by the Fugees. I beamed as I listened; it's hard to believe I actually like most of the music our president does. Here are seven other songs he digs:

The Rolling Stones - "Gimme Shelter"
Nina Simone - "Sinnerman"
Kanye West - "Touch the Sky"
Frank Sinatra - "You'd Be So Easy to Love"
Aretha Franklin - "Think"
U2 - "City of Blinding Lights"
will.i.am - "Yes I Can"

Let's forgive him that last choice, shall we? "Gimme Shelter" and the Nina/Kanye/Aretha trifecta pretty much make up for it anyway.

1 comment:

amar said...

good...............