Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mumblecore meets hardcore


God, I loved writing that post title.

Anyway, Humpday looks fun. It's great to see movies big (I Love You, Man) and small (the aforementioned) giving male heteronormativity a well-deserved noogie. Reed says it's at SIFF, so I'd better get my ticket soon, since it's local and all.

Julie & Julia seems promising, too, and not just because it reunites Streep and Tucci post-Prada. It's also got wonderful, wonderful Chris Messina and my #2 movie-star crush, Amy Adams. Chick flick of the year? Likely. (P.S. When somebody wants to turn Red Blue Green into a movie, can we get Chris Messina to play me?)

And you know what? Even the new Woody looks all right.

One last note: The Grand Illusion is currently playing Plague Town, whose trailer is pretty disturbing. I may be moving tentatively toward horror, but I don't think I'm quite ready for something this fierce. I may experiment with a horror flick or two during SIFF, but we'll just have to see.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

What would I watch if Norah Ephron did not make movies? I'm excited for Julie & Julia.

Humpday and Whatever Works also look like a lot of fun. I think I would be out of the movie loop if not for your blog. :)