Tuesday, November 17, 2009

TK title of blog post


Today at work, Sheri pointed out one of the funniest newspaper bloopers I've seen in years. Though it's undeniably "yuppers" that takes it from good to great, I also like that it's easy to misread "jumphed" as a nonsense word (rhymes with "galumphed") rather than what it's intended to be ("jump headline," i.e. the headline following the jump from the previous page). The Union-Tribune may blame its new pagination system, but I prefer to think of it as yet another sign of print media's precipitous decline. If the industry's really collapsing, it might as well make us laugh along the way, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is extremely interesting for me to read this article. Thank author for it. I like such topics and everything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.